Shared Education Sports Day Fun
All the P4-7 children had a fantastic day on Friday at the first ever Shared Education Sporte Day. The weather was a perfect, no rain and not too hot, and the Mary Peters Track provided a great venue. A masive congratulations to all the teachers involved in the planning as everything ran like clockwork. The children from Dunmurry, Seymour Hill and St. Colmans came together to enjoy competing in some events and learning new skills in others. There was the 100 metre sprint, team relay, hurdles, javelin, long jump (a favourite of many!), egg and spoon, sack race, bean bags in hoops, basketball and circuits. Every child had a chance to have a go at every event and we brought back a lot of very tired but happy children at the end of the day!
Also on Friday the Nursery held a special Father's Day event. The Daddies were invited along for a football session. The children do toddler soccer every fortnight and this was their opportunity to show of the skills they have learnt. The Daddies also got quite excited about showing of their footballing skills! After the exercise everybody got to enjoy at least one hot dog. (A few went for a second so they must have been good!)
Two more weeks left of school!
Coming up next week;
- Monday 19th June - some P6 children off for a taster session at Malone College (remember to bring trainers)
- Tuesday 20th June - the new Primary 1 children are coming for a play in he P1 room with Mrs Decodts (parents please come ready to fill in a few forms)
- Wednesday 21st June - Roots of Empathy assembly
- Wednesday 21st June (evening) - Lisburn Fun Run
- Thursday 22nd June - Police Road Safety
- Thursday 22nd June (evening) - End of term disco @ 6:30pm - DPS pupils only
- Friday 23rd June - Whole school prize giving
Posted by Judith Hackett on 18 June 2017