P6 all back safe!
Primary 6 had a very successful residential in Ardnabannon from Wednesday to Friday. They took part in a lot of challenging and fun activities including a compass trail, hunting in rock pools, an adventure walk, archery, a climbing wall, a zip line and of course CoCo's! Everyone was exhausted on the return home including Miss Percy, Mrs Welshman and Mrs Hackett! Ardnabannon has been threatened with closure and as yet the staff still don't know if it will stay open. They know out of the 4 centres originally named to be closed only one is to go but no one knows which on yet. Hopefully Ardnabannon will be still available next year as the children get so much out of the residential and thoroughly enjoy the experience.
Our football team made up of P7 and P5 pupils (with P6 being away) had a successful start to their year. They played 4 matches on Thursday afternoon and won 2 of them. Mr Shephard was incredibly proud of them and how well they played.
Coming up next week;
- P1 will stay to 2pm from Monday and will begin bringing their packed lunches or going to school dinners. Remember £2.60 a day for dinners - please send the money in a named envelope indicating which days your child is to go to dinners. P1 can also start using the after school care from 2 - 3pm for £2 a day.
- Monday 25th September - P2 parent talk @ 1:30pm in P2 classroom
- Wednesday 27th September - P4 parent talk @ 2:30pm in P4 classroom
- Wednesday 27th September - Mr Hullaballoo invites P1 and their parents to a Teddy Bears picnic
- Thursday 28th September - P7 parent talk @ 2:30pm in the P7 classroom.
- Thursday 28th September - gymnastics club starts
- Thursday 28th September - PTA AGM @ 7pm in the school assembly hall - all parents welcome.
Posted by Judith Hackett on 24 September 2017