We had another busy week in Dunmurry Primary School. P4-7 started the week with another visit from Aidan and Debbie and learnt all about ringing birds with birds caught that morning. It was very exciting getting to see them up close. Next week’s visit is all about bat boxes!
On Tuesday we sent a girls football team to the Lisburn schools competition. They played incredibly well coming 3rd in the competition - well done to the girls, we are extremely proud of how they played.
All the classes have been busy practising for Sports Day which is in 2 weeks time on Wednesday 25th May if you want to book a bit of time off work to come and cheer your children on.
Today P3 brought in their home projects in which they had to design and make a home of their choice. There were some amazing homes made, see if the photo above.
We had assembly again this morning and it was the turn of P5-7 to perform a chosen song. We have had great fun learning all the new actions each week! During assembly we also announced the winners of competitions run in each classroom related to reading in the run up to the Book Fair arriving. Each winner received a £5 voucher to be able to spend at the book fair - congratulations to the winner in each class.
Coming up next week:
- Monday 16th May - beginning of walk to school week - the children are encouraged to walk to school each day so if you normally drive park the car further away and walk the last bit - great exercise and time to chat.
- Tuesday 17th May - P5 trip to Ulster Museum
- Wednesday 18th May - Book Fair open from 2pm in the hall
- Thursday 19th May - Book Fair open from 2pm in the hall
- Friday 20th May - Book Fair open from 2pm in the hall
- Saturday 21st May - P7 children find out their post-Primary school places
Posted by Judith Hackett on 13 May 2022