Welcome to Dunmurry Nursery Unit
Our Nursery Unit has excellent facilities and provides a caring and nurturing environment in which children are encouraged to enjoy a range of interesting and developmentally stimulating activities. The Nursery Unit is run by a fully qualified teacher with particular expertise in the early years. We hope that this page will give you a sense of the many positive learning experiences we offer the children in our care.
Our Nursery facilities comprise:
- a large double-height classroom area equipped with a stimulating range of activities,
- an adjoining quiet room for story-telling,
- child-sized toilets and washing facilities leading off from the classroom area,
- a fully equipped kitchen for food preparation,
- a conservatory,
- an enclosed outdoor play area with a large sand pit, play house and raised beds,
- direct access to the school environmental garden,
- a waiting area for parents and carers,
- an office for meetings between parents and staff and
- direct access to all the facilities of the school including PE hall and library.
If you would like any further information, including our applications policy or to arrange a tour of the Nursery, please click here or contact the school office on 028 90301454 to arrange a visit.
Findings from our recent ETI Inspection
'There is a very happy, caring atmosphere in the nursery unit. The working relationships at all levels are excellent.'
'The staff provide a varied programme for the children based on themes and topics. There are very good opportunities for learning in all areas of the pre-school curriculum. Particular strengths of the programme include the promotion of the children’s oral language and listening skills, the promotion of their personal, social and emotional development, and their understanding of early mathematical language.'
'The quality of the interaction between the staff and the children is consistently of a high standard.'
'The staff use a systematic approach to observing and recording the children’s progress; the information on their progress is shared regularly with the parents. There is excellent liaison between the teachers in the nursery unit and in the foundation stage (FS), to help to ensure that the children make a smooth transition from the nursery unit to the primary school.'
'The leadership within the nursery unit is very good; there is an effective team approach.'