Our Mission is for Dunmurry Primary School to be
'A Doorway to the Experiences and Opportunities of Education'
We believe in:
- the provision of a secure and positive environment for all who enter the school.
- the development of a 'learning school' in which change, innovation and improvement are supported.
- a learner-centred approach in which the needs of all learners are recognised assessed and provided for.
- a mutually supportive community in which high social, moral and spiritual values are promoted.
- Our Primary Aim: to create an educational environment in which every child feels safe and happy at school.
- To empower our children to develop their potential as individuals, as members of the social community and as contributors to the economy and the environment.
- To enable children to make informed choices and decisions about their lives.
- To develop a balanced curriculum which is appropriate for each child's needs, invites them to become active learners and promotes their confidence and self esteem.
- To develop the potential of information technology to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- To welcome and encourage parental involvement in the life of the school and the progress and development of their children.
- To foster mutual respect between all those in the school community.
- To promote high standards of achievement, attitude and positive behaviour in all areas of school life.
- To undertake a continuous process of curriculum and staff support and development.